Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Autumn's the mellow time

This is my blog post about this week's Diva Challenge, but I wanted to show a couple of tiles I did, inspired by things on the internet, new tangles, other challenges:

Charmzy

Pocket of Zinger and Fescu



Halloween themed String Thing

Velcro

 This last one I didn't do...that is Wylie's lovey fat cat Velcro and isn't he just a sweet puss.












Looks like there's a new autumnal tangle out, from Zentangle (tm) called Gourdgeous. It's a rustic, organic tangle, and does look like the harvest is in.

The Diva has challenged us to create using that very tangle.

Here is my piece. I chose tangles that echoed the Autumn theme: harvest and blowing leaves and random detritus here and there...found a quote I liked.



Autumn's the mellow time

The grid panel there across the top is called pillow, and I put spirals of trumpitz here and there, some individual Flux leaves, abundies, oke, beadlines, cruffles.

For the sections of gourdgeous that are filled in, I used a size 05 pen that is almost out of ink, which gives an even more rustic effect I think. I like that in this piece.

9 comments:

  1. Your tangled quote is wonderful and I like the quote too. All your tiles are great but that little cat is the one that is Gourdgeous :-) The pocket of fescue and zinger is clever, I will be trying out that effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful work, i love your "Pocket of Zinger and Fescu" tile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Autumn quote is so very nice. Great inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tangled quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful journal page, quote and all. A marvelous response to the diva challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Autumn sketch book page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Zinger tile and of course the cat :-) You challenge tile is also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work! Especially I like your Zinger tile. And I do love your Autumn ZIA! It´s so playfull with its lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love that pocket of Zinger, HeidiSue! Adorable cat :) Also, I really like your journal page full of autumn delights!

    ReplyDelete