Saturday, July 15, 2017

Heart of my Heart

Wow my new job is not giving me as much time to blog as I used to have...nor tangle as much, either. It's real nice to be sitting at a desk, with a little bit of time between calls with pretty much free rein with what we were allowed to do...I tangled non-stop back in those days :)

The new job, no down time, and besides I'm in training and still doing new employee stuff, and such. And I earned beaucoup bucks this past week. And that's alright with me.

So, I did get a couple of challenges done, and a couple of swap bot swaps sent.

The Diva this week has a guest blogger Jessica Davies, whose recent bout with heart issues drove her to many meditative "heart" tiles and tangles. She did beautiful things, and challenged us to use a heart string.

This is what I did:
Hollibaugh Heart


And here is a picture for you: bebeh feet!



I LOVED the challenge at Joey's this time. Michele Wynne is the guest blogger while Joey takes the summer off and if you haven't seen Michele's blog post about it, get on over there now!. Some mighty impressive and inspirational stuff there...thanks, Michele!

The challenge is centered on a string: Rope by Margaret Bremner.

                                                                                 I mean I want to make a dozen tiles with this string and do them all! woo!

And this is what I made of it:

this is in my sketchbook on a tile sized section. It's going to be one of those when I go back through old sketchbooks, I'll be so happy to see this one again. It was fun to do, and I think it's quite enjoyable to look at.

Telis in the upper left and bottom center; flux; a version of b'tweed; remo; pinbawl with nippa; echoism; b'tweed; more telis, and flux with lots of auras. The shading on this...sigh...shading is magic.






at a recent family reunion, my Aunt Dorothy wanted to hold the baby. :) she walked around with him a bit then sat down and he fell asleep SOLID...and so did her arm! ha!

and here he is on another shoulder, looking around some more. My little angel baby. Slurp!















I got to feed Orion second breakfast today, and he fell asleep in my arms. When I put him into his little seat, his hands startled, but he stayed asleep...

his hands stayed all up and alert for a long time!
Now, back to tangle stuff.

Here are a couple of things I've sent on for swap bot:


this is all about the ATC, with a Bee theme. Since bunso has always reminded me of bees it came to mind immediately.

And, with the ATC I decorated a notecard to send along, and inspired by the heart theme from the Diva, and flat out mimicking something I saw on a blog somewhere, made this heart and ribbons...and LOOKATIT! I was absolutely delighted with how that shading turned out!








One more....

This is a first round for a pass & paste...I can't wait to get it back, some time, when everyone else gets a chance to put something.

So, hopefully I'll get used to my new schedule quickly, and be able to post things before Saturday in upcoming weeks...meanwhile...


Who melts my heart? Orion Isaac Spencer Hartley, that's who...my sweetest angel baby love bean.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Everything you've done here is pretty fab! I love what you did with the rope string and that's exactly how I felt looking back over those archive tiles. Thanks so much for taking on my challenge and sharing that little love bean with us😍💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun challenge. I've already made another tile using that string and it's my plan to play with it some more today. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I'm so impressed by the tangling you accomplished while starting a new job and hanging out with a CUTE baby. For some reason, your Hollibaugh heart and it's background was very evocative for me---blood, tight binding, all that. And, your bonus heart, the one you did for a swap bot is great---so 3 dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I felt the same way about that hollibaugh heart. The colors make it kind of dark and edgy. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. My heart melts too when I see this happy innocent laugh of your cute grandson.
    Beautiful drawn tangles make your ropestring fantastic and of course your other work is also great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ria...aren't babies wonderful? I would sit and hold him all day long if I could. Thanks for the compliment on my work

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. One of my favorite tangles to use

      Delete