Thursday, February 1, 2018

A Challenging Week

This is my personal challenge this week: To put an entry in all the challenges this week: Diva, Joey, and IAST :)

Adele Bruno gave us a string and some tangles to play with
 Jester is pretty new to me, but the fun potential is huge! I'll be playing with it and exploring. This is my entry for IAST, which she posted on her blog this week.




And here is last week's Joey challenge... This was her 200th challenge! That is just too cool to pass up! So I did it and posted on Pinterest about it

Exeter was the featured tangle, with string 165. I started with a tissue dyed tile, and when Exeter was applied, Strircles called out to me. You can see Dave Hunter's Pinbawl in there, and some funky V thing (where I flubbed Exeter and made it into something new!) I like this one. Strircles uses a lot of ink, but it is STRIKING!

Last week's Joey Challenge

And from Joey this week, we have Drogon on a bed of String 157, and I had a lot of fun with it:

Reminds me of a treasure trove

Because Rumpus is fun...it's a fun word. When I was a little girl I had a friend whose home had a Rumpus Room in it! ha! With games and old furniture (I mean, sometimes we just hung out, and sometimes we played) So I used Rumpus and Drogon is in there large, and added my own Concert, then filled in the upper corner with Irradial...another VERY cool pattern that is fun as a filler. There's Tipple here and there, along with an Aquafleur element. Yup. Much fun was had.


the Diva challenge this week was to use the official tangle Rumpus, and I needed bookmarks, so this is what I did. The original piece is a postcard sized Bristol stock, and I divided it first into thirds. Then I put a string on it, across the dividing lines. Then I filled it.

I added Flux, Bales, N'zeppel, Paradox, Dewd, Hollibaugh, and something curly looking.

then I cut along the dividing lines and VOILA!
I am using one of those bookmarks in the book I am currently reading, and I plan on doing another project just like this one, possibly also using Rumpus. I will use these in the library books I have checked out...and then leave them in the books when I return them :)

This is Becky:


She is not a snuggle cat, but she more than makes up for it in her entertaining ways: box lover, will rub her face on most anything, and mighty q-tip battler. She NEVER gets up on the back of the couch that way, but now I have photographic evidence that she DOES.

another project I put together this week:

Isn't that cool looking? 

And I filled up with tangles! I enjoyed this a lot, but that page of circles with the shading...SO cool!

So, you ask, how is Orion? let me show you:




 he turned eight months old. He started sitting up on his own at six months and now is working on a crawl, though his military crawl is VERY good
His Great grampa made that cradle for his gramma when she was born

helping daddy



Though he is currently working on mastering the crawl, his favorite thing is walking with a grown up hunched over, holding his hands. 



phone love

 And that's all! thanks for visiting, and thanks for comments. I LOVE comments!

23 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your Drogon tile for Joey's challenge! It has lots of depth. And it also reminds me of a pile of pirates treasure, haha!! Also, very neat idea with the page of circles. It really looks like they are popping off the page! You have really nice shading work in all of your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I want to do a page of circles and just leave them :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful tiles! I don't know what my favorite could be. Maybe the coloured one for Joey, but I also like both tiles of this week. Especially the bookmarks are very sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm going to do another trio of bookmarks this evening.

      Delete
  3. Wow! all of your work here is one beauty after another;-) Your Jester is super cool and I love that circle page. It looks great even without the patterns;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seriously, I want to make it again, and leave them blank. so cool looking!

      Delete
  4. Love all your tiles... but your Rumpus bookmarks are fabulous! What a fantastic idea to leave bookmarks in library books! Love it!.... I will do that! I grew up with a rumpus room! And LOVE Orions hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanne. I've left ATC tiles, too! It's fun to imagine the next patron checking out the book and finding it.

      Delete
  5. Your drogon tile is a sight for sore eyes if I can say that. Lots of stuff going on but perfect flow from rumpus to drogon and the rest wonderfully constructed. But what am I saying. The bookmarks, the exeter...all fantastic tiles including the empty coin page. Greetings to the cutey!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Susie. So glad you like it. Your art always inspires me and I loved yours for this week, too.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful work Heidi,all the tiles you show us. I love your tile for Adele with a gorgeous Jester but my absolute favorite is your tile for Joey with a stunning drawn Drogon, combinated with Rumpus. Also the bookmakers look great and about your grandson: he is so cute and has grown already so much, he is a sweet handsome and lovely little man!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ria. Yes, that little boy is sheer delight. Fun and funny, and already master of the piercing stare. :)

      Delete
  7. Everything you posted is absolutely amazing Heidi. I loved all of your work, but I really liked the bookmarks. Hopefully, I can get back to tangling because I would love to try that as well. The circles look like a fun project too. Heaven knows I have so many sketchbooks around that could use a little TLC, and that might be a fun way to practice shading as well as some tangles. Orion is growing up so fast! He is such an adorable little guy and I'm sure he is the light of everyone's life around him. Hope to see you soon at our Tangle meeting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie! Hopefully you're feeling better. I wish we were meeting in February, but REALLY looking forward to our March gathering. Can't wait to share ideas with everyone.

      Delete
  8. I think the bookmark tile was such a neat idea and a lovely way to spread some good karma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudi. Thanks...Yeah, I plan on making another "batch" of bookmarks this evening. I've also got some plain white canvas book bags and make up zipper cases in my Amazon cart...gifts!

      Delete
  9. Wonderful and very inspiring post! I enjoy it a lot! Lovely tangles ... especially I like your tile with Drogon and Rumpus. It´s full of energy!
    Thanks for sharing those lovely photos ... your grandson ist a cute little boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Annette. It was an enjoyable blog entry. When i wake up early in the morning, I often take advantage of the down time to blog a bit. :)

      Delete