Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Diva Circle Challenge

Circles seem to be in the air these days, with Joey challenging us in circle strings the past several weeks, and now the Diva is asking us to use circles in whatever way we want, as a string, and then tangle in them.

Well, I opened the challenge at work and searched for things on my desk that I could trace:

Largest to smallest: a tub of desk wipes, the lid from my water jug, hand lotion, eyeglass spritzer bottom, eyeglass spritzer lid.


I used these to trace a string into a new sketchbook (which I do NOT like. The paper is thin, yet super "toothy" so it soaks up ink. My niece or granddaughter might like it, but I won't be using this sketchbook after all)

But here is the traced string in progress:





This was my "between calls" project at work, where we were only  moderately busy, so I was able to get some things done with minimal interruptions from my job. hahahaha!

The first pattern I thought of was Yew-Dee, and from there, the rest sort of fell into place, ending up looking like a basket.





Yew-dee, Narwhal, Carpet Daisy, Tipple, Crazy Poky String

That yewdee really makes it baskety, doesn't it. I do like it, though the paper is disappointing......even the shading is muddy and meh... 

After I got done with this I looked up. There, tacked to my cubicle wall, is a piece I created a while back...Circles! So I took a pic with my iPhone and here it is

Niuroda was entirely the inspiration for this, and I just went with it from there. I believe I traced circular items for this one, too. Niuroda, Purk, Bales, Mumsy, Arukas, Hollibaugh (looking like a ball of tape in the center, really small) and a Jettie ball there on the bottom.The top sunshiney looking thing is my own Concert, and there is a circle of circles there, dunno what that is called. For a finishing touch, I added little black perls here and there.

I agree with Laura: circles are relaxing to draw. I can fill a page with tipple, scruffle, go4th, jetties, or whatever circular patterns in a JIFF.





13 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful, I'm making a note of all the wonderful patterns you've used that are new to me. :) Circles are relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two really great tiles. Like your choice of tanglesπŸ‘πŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice tiles, I like them both but especially the Nuroda is drawn beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really amazing. I love the patterns. Really inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love the basket one with the open space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looooove the first one!!! Can't stop looking at it! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! both pieces are absolutely stunning. That ring of Narwal is brilliant;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your baskety tangle, both pieces are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the 3D effect is pretty cool in both. Beautiful work !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shame on those jobs for getting in the way of our tangling LOL! These are both really nice. I love the different tangles you managed to fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tiles. I love the basket-y look of the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, Heidi...circles ARE relaxing. You have done them beautifully too. I'm hard pressed to decide which I like better, so I'll just say that I love them both. Your shading is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete