Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Nine Tiles!

I have enjoyed the nine tile montage challenge from Joey this past couple of months. This week is the final tile, and the challenge was to use poke root. FUN!

But I missed last week, when Printemps was the challenge pattern...and this was how I did that tile:



This is how it looks, connected to tile number 7, 
with N'zeppel.
 this is the last tile, pre-tangling...LOTS of white across there.
One thing I've been doing with all the white spaces in the tiles, has been to pack lots of tiny Tipple in there...and this is A LOT of white space...so I did the tiny Tipple but it got to be too much pretty fast..

So I poke rooted in there, and the rest flowed very easily. 
 I dunno, I think it turned out pretty neat. The white space full of tipple and pokeroot...just nice.
(edit: AND
I just (carefully) read Joey's challenge for this week
AND
it is PokeLEAF not PokeROOT.
oops.)



This is what things looked like before starting.
 This is what I ended up with...now, I like all of it, and there are places where the string connects things together, 
But the bottom half of the montage seems more disconnected.
I may play around with it some, to get things  more unified. 

But this has been SUCH a fun challenge. Most enjoyable!

From our Diva, we received a monotangle challenge. A monotangle is a great opportunity to explore one pattern, use it in a variety of ways, or bring about that unity that comes from using just one pattern in a piece.

This week we were given Striping to work with. 

shiny 3-D funky worms on a psychedelic floor?

The fun part of striping is making it look three dimensional by curving the stripes. This one would be trippy if the stripes were colored!

Oh! I also wanted to share this fun little tidbit...my almost last swap on swap bot was a zentangle swap, where we were to decorate a postcard with our tangles, and put it in an envelope with a tea bag...individually sealed, of course...

Well look what came in the mail from Singapore:



This is the work of Debbie New, whose blog Tangled Pursuits has shown off many Diva challenges over the years.

This is on my wall at work and I look at it frequently.

Who knew that taking up zentangle as a hobby would get me happy mail from SINGAPORE!

Oh, and one more thing:

Orion is 5 months old!

He can roll over all by himself tummy to back. Once on his back, he can scoot around by kicking his legs...that IS pretty comical. He's eating solids once a day. His favorite is mashed yams. He's a happy boy. 

thanks for reading...thanks for commenting!


8 comments:

  1. Your last tile to Joey's challenge is very nice and the complete mosaic is wonderful. I like the combination of blue with the warm red-orange colors. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. first off, your ATC's are just stunning on their own. Those colors!!!! I'm drooling over those colors;-) What I'm also drooling over is your artistry and your admirable restraint at not filling in all of the space. I wish I could do that;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cool tiles! I love your mosaic challenge! So much detail! Love your funky Stripes! Orion is such a cutie!💕

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your completed mosaic is gorgeous!!!! The Striping tile is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came here to check out your Diva challenge response, but I was drawn in by your other art. I am inspired by your colored tiles. I think the results you achieve on these are beautiful. As for Striping --- isn't it nice sometimes to be able to keep it simple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi what a warm-hearted 9tile mosaic you have created! Wow! I love the light shining through the beautiful tangles in each one. Fantastic result.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the colors in your Mosaic and the tangling is great. Like your Striping tile. Debbie does nice work. I remember seeing some of her work before she had the opportunity to become a CZT. She is very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. With your chosen color theme your mosaic looks like a precious antique tangle artwork. Great job, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete