This week's Diva challenge, to use a little bit of black for added drama. I had already lined out a border on a page in my big spiral sketchbook, so I went with that. Did a string simply dividing it up into about six sections, and started tangling!
Finished it up last night, just as a head cold snagged me and pushed me right under...can't. breathe...achoo!
This was lots of fun to do...I haven't done a large piece in a long time and it was fun choosing patterns and filling things in. It seems a little unbalanced to me. Lots of busy-ness to the right, with larger spaces on the left. Oh well. But Laura is right: a little black adds a lot of drama. I like it...
Included are Bateek, Kollide, Hollibaugh, bead lines, Florz, Ragz/b'tweed, Onomoto, Cathedral, Molygon/Citrus, Pozer, Ginili, and Zedbra. There's a section of Flux tangleation, one of my favorites, all done in black. And around the border what I call Howl's Necklace (based on something seen in the Hiyao Miyasaki movie "Howl's Moving Castle" another favorite)
and this little invention. Not sure if it's really original, or if so, what to call it, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it anywhere. It reminds me of Abundies.
I've got a step out, but forgot to photograph it but I'll get it in my patterns section soon.
And now, time to rest.