the challenge from Diva Laura Harms this week is to make a blind string, and fill it with tangles!
It's been fun. I'm still doing it, but have finished two tiles. The first one, I took a pic with my camera before starting the tangles.
The second one, i took the picture of the empty string with my phone...and for some reason it's not letting me email it to myself. So...I have a pic of the string for the first tile, and not for the second tile.
Today I received a shipment of pens from Blick, which is an online art supply. Excellent prices! I bought six micron pens in 01, and six in 03, a blue/black in 05, and a burgundy in 05. I'll add more colors as I go. Green would be good.
so...here is my first string:
And this is what I did with it:
Patterns: suckees, aquafleur, truffles, ojo, twile, fescu, bales, and my own concert. (the "rays" thing on top of the bales) and made simple lines to fill in the background.
and, here is my second tile, sorry there is no empty string to offer. It was a "calmer" string, with broader strokes and less busy-ness.
And I am playing with another blind string on yellowish card stock and another in my sketchbook.
It's fun finding the patterns to fit all the shapes in the random string shapes.