So it is a sad time. He tells me his house is so quiet now. :(
The Diva Challenge this week was to tangle using something we've never used before in this art form. As soon as I saw the challenge, I knew I wanted to try a tile with crayon!
I've been playing with string 109 lately,
Using crayon, I really REALLY wanted to play with color, but no,
I decided that black alone would be good.
|make sure it's good and sharp|
As I worked with this "new" medium, I discovered that it is pretty tough to control the tip of a wax crayon. It's hard to determine where exactly the line was going to go, and I had to focus more to make the lines go where I wanted them. I chose tangles that are simple, and that I have used often.
MrE, Knightsbridge, Flux, Mooka, and Concert (that is one I've developed) In the upper left corner a few Starskets (another one I invented)
|kind of a fuzzy one|
The overall effect is one of fuzziness, maybe blurriness is a good word. It is friendly and soft. I like it. MrE never looked so bundled.
Here are other tiles I've made using String 109.
|Diva Dance for the win!|
|Niuroda takes the stage here.|