Thursday, July 30, 2015

Daniel's Verdigogh challenge and Suzy's L challenge

A few weeks ago I ran into a novel challenge by way of *someone's* challenge entry *somewhere*... each challenge features a tangle, and our challenge is to create tangleations on that pattern. Neat, eh?

It can be found at The Tangle Corner, by Daniel and it is called the Tangleation Vocation...again, neat! A calling, in fact.

Verdigoh is such a cool pattern, one I've played with quite a bit, and it was lots of fun to try variations on the theme.The basic shapes of Verdigoh are triangular and circular, so I decided to play with those.

I puttered around on a page in my sketchbook:

 The original is upper left. I did a few different styles. there's a strircle element in the black one. The bottom center is all fine lines, with dots not circles.

I tried my hand at a Byerly style (bottom right) and then decided to try a version with the circular element hugely enhanced.

And that is the tangleation I decided to go with.





This is on a tan ATC tile, in sepia 01 pen. I shaded it with stippling, and added some highlights with a white gelly roller pen.

Yes. I like it. Fun challenge! thanks, Daniel.

For the second entry in this double post, I present the piece I created for Suzy Mosh's New to Me challenge.


This week, we have L and because L has popped up before, Suzy added CZT artist JJ LaBarbera. She has home really nice patterns, and many of hers are on tanglepatterns.com.

I chose Arc Flower and Allium by JJ, and for L patterns, I used Lealad by Lily Moon and Liberty 100 by Neil Burley. I also threw in a pile of leaflet because it's a huge favorite of mine, and it starts with L and yes I've used it.

Arc Flower was so much fun to play with. I've used mumzy before, but not this one, which is similar. I enjoyed adding some variety here and there amongst the "petals" and shading it was SO much fun.

Arc Flower is in the upper left and lower right corners; lealad is the vertical wallpaper; leaflet on the right side of the lealad, allium snugged in there, and Liberty100 is around the background at the bottom and right of lealad.

5 comments:

  1. Nice tangleation of verdigogh. Love your new to me piece as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your verdigogh are great. I have tried and tried but I can't get it te work for me. I love your strircle version but the final one with stippling looks fwbulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your Verdigogh tangleations! So inspiring...I'm gonna need some scrap paper now ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tile! Thanks for being part of the TNTM challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete