Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Double Post: hollibaugh and organic challenges

I'm out of words. My creativity isn't flowing too well. I am not creating art, just practicing and developing patterns. And making lines on paper. Hm.

So, sorry but this time there is not much of a blog entry. Just a couple of tiles.

First of all, Joey has been going through the alphabet. We are up to the letter H, and the pattern chosen is Hollibaugh. yay! I love that pattern! It's very cool.

And this is the tile I made for Joey's Weekly Challenge:

I stole it from another sketchbook, and the idea is right out of a web page I visited who knows when. Stippling is always good for adding character. I like how it turned out. A LOT!

The organic challenge at Diva's page, by guest CZT Cari Sultanik...where to begin? nearly all of my pieces are organic, because I prefer the lush feel of curvy and shady zentangle art. So I could have chosen one of MANY pieces I already have around.

For instance, this is a favorite that I  made this week.
The pattern in the upper left is my tangleation of Neil Burley's "Pineapple 1" I also did an adaptation of Cabana (the shiny split leaf looking things) and you also have Dave Hunter's putki, oolo, hollibaugh, and N'zeppel. Isn't it cool, making the N'zeppel rise off the page with shading? also, a few cute little shiny black pearls here and there.

So yes, a lot of my work is already organic, but I decided to create a tile using organic shapes that also created an outdoor scene. And this is what I did:

I used one of my pre-colored tiles that I made a couple of weeks ago with my Derwent pencils. Patterns are: niuroda, pines, leaflet/pholantern/pineapple curves, mooka, and festune. With tipples all over the place. oh...b'tweed in amongst the pines.

Shaded minimally with French gray 50% prismacolor pencil.






Okay so i wasn't out of words. Who am I kidding...I'll never run out of words. 

15 comments:

  1. This delicately coloured tile is luscious and I love the first one too. Lots of nice work here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Hollibaugh-tile is exceptional

    ReplyDelete
  3. omigosh! I absolutely love that holli-ball;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charming and flowing pieces. I love the color on the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did some great work. I love your yarnball of hollibaugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to comment that you weren't out of words, and then you said it right at the end lol. I know what you mean though, the further into the week I go, the more challenges I complete, I too feel as though I am running out of things to say. However speaking for myself as a reader I find it fun just reading about the reasons behind people's choice or if they love/hate a tangle. Of course it is wonderful when I come across blogs such as yours where often so much more about the blogger appears in the post, I often laugh out loud at posts and then I get looked at if other people are around me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, double comment :- I forgot to say I love your journal entries and your stippling is superb. I must try and improve mine, I use Derwent colour pencils for watercolour backgrounds too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tiles. Your first tile made me think of a ball of yarn. (I obviously need to get back on my crocheting project.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a blogger, I frequently have to take out my first sentence of posts that say, "This will be short" because it rarely is. What can I say? I like tangling and I like words. Your organic tangles are just that----organic and I do like the way they lift off the page almost so that you could pick them up and feel them---which is after all a hallmark of organicity. (Spellcheck doesn't think that's a word. I disagree.) I have to give "Pineapple" a try. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a blogger, I frequently have to take out my first sentence of posts that say, "This will be short" because it rarely is. What can I say? I like tangling and I like words. Your organic tangles are just that----organic and I do like the way they lift off the page almost so that you could pick them up and feel them---which is after all a hallmark of organicity. (Spellcheck doesn't think that's a word. I disagree.) I have to give "Pineapple" a try. Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you have enough words!! I like reading them!! Your Hollibaugh is all ready for the cat to play with - cool!! Your organics are lovely in different ways - I love them both!! :) :) I have the same issue - I am already organic :)

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/07/my-joeys-monotangle-hollibaugh-challenge
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/07/my-diva-cari-sultanik-organic-challenge

    ReplyDelete