Tuesday, July 14, 2015

F for fun!

We are up to the letter F at Joey's blog. (I didn't finish an entry for last week's SUPER DUPER CHALLENGING AND DIFFICULT Entwined challenge...but I'm practicing and will post something, late)

So, the pattern this week is Florez, a very enjoyable cool looking tangle.

The Diva challenge from last week was to use color and I ended up enjoying the process of making colored tiles using Derwent watercolor pencils and water, that I made several more, in varying palettes.

 I'm a little bit afraid of that dark one with the blues and black, but I plan on filling these up with tangles over the next few weeks or days or whatever. The cool thing is, I am no longer afraid to use color. It's enjoyable to see the contrasts, or feel the delight of viewing a nice blend of colors.







Well, I chose my favorite for this challenge. Yellow is my favorite color, and I love the yellow center of this one. So I chose it for florez.

I started with a bijou sized tile centered in the regular tile, which gave me my border, and a center space.



viva la' Bistro! Ole!

This pattern is so pleasing to me, I think because of the weighted lines. That's why n'zeppel is a favorite, too.

There are a couple of places in the tile where the color provides a bit of natural shading, but I also used some prismacolor pencils: Dahlia purple, French gray 50%, and Henna. AND! my new blending pencil. It truly does move the pigment around on the paper. Yummy!

This would make a very pleasant border along a booth in a Mexican bistro. Or in my kitchen, a backsplash behind the stove. Niiiice...

7 comments:

  1. Wow, it's beautiful! Love the colours, the composition and the shading. Great tile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very experimental, and so worth it. Your tile is lovely. That was my favourite coloured one too, but I am also looking forward to seeing what you do with the green and fuschia one. Bijou comes in handy again:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right about the weighted lines making such a difference in this pattern.
    I use the prismacolor premier pencils, too, but I use prismacolor's colorless blender. It's a marker, not a pencil and it makes the colors look more like watercolor when they're done. I'll have to look into the blending pencil too.

    ReplyDelete