Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Valentine-y

I liked this challenge a lot, mostly because I kinda burned out on hearts and valentine colors, and the diva told us to do what we wanted, that seemed Valentine-y to us. Yay!


This is the first one I did. The pattern is Erbluehen by Simone Bischoff, and it makes such a graceful frond of buds.
When I colored the edges with the micron pink pen, it was much darker than I anticipated, and it looked funky. Coloring in with softer tones of pink and shading with fuschia and purple made a difference. Then, this was cute I thought...making fescu hearts...so I used hearts. Could I do otherwise? And a border of beadline. Kinda valentiney, eh?
 



One of the many cool things that Dave Hunter did for us at this month's Intermountain Tangler Gathering, was to bring heart templates and stencils. As I was getting ready for bed last night, this idea came to me.
It is the largest heart stencil, filled with undling (a new favorite tangle) and to finish it off, outlined with red.

So, for someone who was kind of burning out on heart shapes and pink and valentine-ish stuff, I sure made some pink, flowery, heartish stuff. And it was fun.

This is a page of heart tangles that I practiced over the last two weeks...I didn't like them when i did them, but looking at them after a few days...hm. Not bad.

from top right: heart line, oolo, minline, heart rope
playing with depth and shading using circles
I have another valentiney thing I'm working on, maybe I'll post it later in the week!

A word about my moleskine notebook.
I mentioned it here a few posts ago, about using the good stuff. I assumed that Moleskine was going to be "my good stuff" because the notebook ran me about $20.00 Twenty bucks, for a medium sized blank notebook? And moleskine has such a reputation for quality.
Regrettably, I must say in this case, moleskine has been a let down. The paper is so thin, even pencil lines can be seen from the back of the page, and ink, or even crayon? You can see that stuff from behind the facing page! The paper is almost as thin as what you would find in a Bible. It is NOT "good stuff" and I have permanently put it aside. It won't be useful for any use that I can think of.

So...thankfully i do have "good stuff" in my Tiepolo tiles, micron pens, Koh-i-noor and Derwent colored pencils, and I am LOVING using all of it! (I am currently considering a set of prismacolor pencils  to add to my art supplies. Next big Blick coupon! woot!

16 comments:

  1. You are showing a lot, HeidiSue and beautiful also. The last one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderful Post, HeidiSue. I always enjoy your thoughts behind your Artwork. Love your Tiles. Erbluehen is a new pattern to me and I love it already. Your Fescu Hearts are delightful. I've seen Undling before, but did not know its name. I find Sketchbook pages to be the most fun of Tangling experiences. No restrictions, just pure exploration, and yours are fabulous. So well done.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work! I like them all, but the first one is my favorite. Especially the Fescu hearts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun Valentine ideas. I especially like the Fescu hearts. As far as the moleskin, try gluing two or even three pages together. Or, use it to glue down tangles that you have done on regular paper. If you want to add paint, do a layer of gesso to give the page more substance. I use even cheep composition books this way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I gesso'ed the first pages together by twos and ended up with wrinkly, warped, buckling paper. I'm surprised by how thin the paper is. It is thinner than composition book paper.

      Delete
  5. All are lovely! Especially I really like the first one! It´s so fine and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, all of them! You can get Moleskin books that have watercolor paper in them. I have used them before and they work well, and stand up to heavier use. I mostly use the regular ones for note taking, quick sketches, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tiles! I especially like the first one. Notebook-wise I really like Robert Bateman sketchbooks. I even use them for most of my tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of lovely work this week. I really like the first one, mostly because I love the way you have used the color and the heart fescu is adorable. All your practice notes are very well done also and I may have to practice a bit more before I submit mine. I use a Moleskin, but it's not a sketchbook per se, just a notebook and seems to be pretty good for rough sketches. I have used it a couple of time to submit my challenges. But I also like Strathmore sketch pads and have a small one in my purse nearly all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty Diva entry!! Beautiful job and your other works are lovely too!!

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/02/diva-valentangle-challenge-entry

    ReplyDelete
  10. أهلا بك فى شركة نقل اثاث بمكة
    خبرة طويلة ومتطورة تقدمها شركتنا فى خدمات نقل الاثاث الفندقى والسكنى واثاث بعض الشركات المختلفة ونقله الي اماكن اخري جديدة يحتاج الي عناية ومهنية بالاعتماد على تكنولوجيا النقل من الباب الى الباب فى اقل وقت واقل تكاليف وتنوع خدمات النقل من فك وتغليف وتركيب وتنظيف من اجل تيسير عملية النقل لعملائنا الكرام وبافضل خدمة واقل تكالتف ممكنة واسرع وقت لتوفير المال والوقت والجهد للعملاء الاجلاء وكذلك تنوع خدماتنا كلها من نقل اثاث وفك وتركيب الاثاث وتغليف

    وتنظيف بخامات مستوردة ومصرح بها وهذا كله لارضاء العميل بكل من الخدمات الشاملة

    فك وتركيب وتغليف وتعبئة الاثاث
    تتم عملية الفك والتركيب والتغليف لكل من (الاثاث – الستائر – التكييف – النجف – الاجهزة الكهربائية – الانتيكات – التحف وغيرها…….)

    بمعني الخدمات الشاملة لجميع محتويات المنزل او الفندق او المؤسسات الحكومية او المكاتب

    بمعني الحفاظ علي جميع المنقولات المنزلية حيث يتم تغليفها بكل من هذه الانواع حسب المطلوب

    مثل (الكرتون – البلاستيك – الورق بانواعه – الاسفنج – البطاطين – الفلين – الاشرطة البلاستيكية – البلاستيك ذو الفقاعات الهوائية وغيرها…… )
    ارقام واسعار افضل شركة نقل عفش واثاث فى داخل مكة المكرمة رخيصة
    ارقام واسعار افضل شركة نقل عفش واثاث بمكة المكرمة رخيصة
    نقل عفش بمكة المكرمة
    شركة نقل اثاث بمكة المكرمة
    شركة نقل عفش بمكة المكرمة
    نقل عفش بمكه المكرمه
    نقل عفش بمكة
    نقل عفش داخل مكة
    أفضل شركة نقل العفش بمكة
    شركة نقل العفش داخل مكة المكرمة


    نقل العفش بمكة نقل العفش داخل مكة
    نقل عفش في مكة
    نقل عفش مكه
    نقل أثاث بمكة المكرمة
    نقل أثاث داخل مكة
    شركة نقل العفش داخل مكة
    شركة نقل عفش داخل مكة المكرمة
    أفضل شركة نقل العفش داخل مكة
    شركات نقل العفش بمكه

    شركة نقل اثاث بمكة
    شركة نقل أثاث داخل مكة
    أفضل شركات نقل العفش بمكه
    أرقام شركات نقل العفش بمكه
    شركة نقل العفش في مكة
    شركة نقل عفش في مكه
    نقل عفش مكة رخيصة
    نقل عفش مكة رخيص
    افضل شركه نقل عفش بمكه المكرمه
    افضل شركه نقل اثاث بمكه المكرمه

    ReplyDelete
  11. تواصل الان مع ارقام واسعار افضل شركة نقل عفش واثاث بمكة المكرمة رخيصة فلدينا اكبر فريق مدرب على حمل الاثاث من مكان الى مكان دون حدوث اى خسائر لاى قطعه اثاث ففريقنا يتعامل مع كل انواع الاثاث حتى القابل الكسر مثل الازاز او التحف لذلك فيقوم فريق شركتنا افضل شركة نقل العفش والاثاث بمكة المكرمة رخيصة بنقل العفش بمنتهى الامان
    للتواصل عبر البريد الالكترونى:
    http://www.xn-----jtd6bya2cendpd.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. تواصل الان مع ارقام واسعار افضل شركة نقل عفش واثاث فى داخل مكة المكرمة رخيصة فلدينا اكبر فريق مدرب على حمل الاثاث من مكان الى مكان دون حدوث اى خسائر لاى قطعه اثاث ففريقنا يتعامل مع كل انواع الاثاث حتى القابل الكسر مثل الازاز او التحف لذلك فيقوم فريق شركتنا افضل شركة نقل العفش والاثاث فى داخل مكة المكرمة رخيصة بنقل العفش بمنتهى الامان
    للتواصل عبر البريد الالكترونى:
    http://www.xn-----jtd6bya2cendpd.com/

    ReplyDelete