Thursday, October 22, 2015

SuzyMosh and Joey Challenges

A real quick blog post this time...it's been a lovely, busy week, and today will be busy but my day hasn't *quite* launched yet, so I'll get these challenge entries posted.

Suzy' challenge is for P tangles this week, plus the work of Sayantika Ray. I went a little nuts and filled a page in my medium sketchbook with P patterns and two of Sayantika's patterns: Tuck In and Woodlock. Both of them appear more than once in the piece. Woodlock makes a terrific border.


 The string for this one was to trace four tiles on the page, then I chose String # 178 from tanglepatterns.com and put it "in" each "tile". In the lower right corner, this made quite a jumble of string, with lots of little spaces, and that is where I started with Tucked In. That one was the most fun of the patterns I chose, though Pand comes in a close second.

Some P tangles I already knew, such as Purk, Paradox, and Pineapple (by Neil Burley). Others are completely new to me. Paiz ended up sort of being a star in this one, to finish the cornders. Pand, Planateen, Pea-fea, and Podz.

(I REALLY like Podz. In the beginning steps, it reminds me of my own Starsket     that sort of five point foundation.)


At Joey's place, we've gotten to the T's and the monotangle this week is TaDa. What fun, because I first used TaDa in Adele Bruno's "It's a String Thing" Challenge just last week!

For some reason, I can't seem to get the lines between the rows of perls to meet up the way so many samples of TaDa show. But it is a relaxing pattern, and I'm going to play with it some more today.

I did this one first, on a Bijou tile (homemade...can you see the glitches in the edges?) ...and see? The radiating lines don't converge all cool and sort of  "gathery"










This one, on gray, has some of that converging lines effect. It would be fun to do this style on a grid and have a whole pageful with all kinds of swerving and converging lines, like vortices.

and last but not least, this one with a variety of tangleations:





On pink. My favorite is that upper left, where I just focused on the perls.

5 comments:

  1. This is all great work! Thanks for being part of the TNTM challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the smooth curves of your Ta Da on the grey tile!
    What a lot of work went into Suzy's challenge, it's beautiful!
    Thanks for participating,
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a wonderful series with the Ta-Da! Inspired. And I haven't heard of the other challenge, so will have to check that one out too. You did so much work this week!

    ReplyDelete