Thursday, March 29, 2018

Paradox Dance



HI Eggybuggy!

This happy boy has taken his first steps.

So it's been a busy week for Orion, and mama and dad-oo. And me.

Let's start right off the bat with the Diva Challenge: Paradox Monotangle. Boy did I have fun with this! I started with the frame and then created squares and triangles inside, and went for it. I thought about some embellishments such as perfs or other ribbon tangles inside some of the "blades" but then thought better of it...Paradox is so cool looking on its own, eh? 


This is a bijou tile, from a Traveling Tangles Happy Mail...I finished with Wud and some swirly thing, along with the flowery looking thing in the upper corner. Some white gel on the perfs. 




I just loved the rich, warm tones of the paper!




Looking SO earnest! 


Patterns: Diva Dance, Pillows, Cubine, Crest, Opus, Telis, Onomato, Fescu, Tipple
Now, here is the entry for Joey's challenge...she "started" us with Diva Dance, and I turned it and it just shouted "ocean waves" to me so of course I put a building in there.
When I was done, I noticed that there were lots of 3's...three curves on the Opus, three waves of Crest, three rounded smashed looking flower looking things. 
So I call this "Threes" 









From my sketchbook. I started with all those Onomato orbs on the left and sort of just went wherever with it. I may add some shading. 

This is another Traveling Tangle, from the March "Flower" theme. I added PokeLeaf, PokeRoot, Toodles, PixieOzie, and Zinger. 

the start, from Linda Levin Brown
  There was a piece of plain blue paper in the happy mail...and I decided to do Bales all over it



  For Bales, I start with a dot grid, and do the "inner" shape first...as you put them in the grid, Bales begins to form.


This is how that one ended up :) 




Dude, why so skeptical? hahahahaha!
















And that is all for this week. 
Thanks for visiting and THANK YOU SO MUCH for comments. 
I love comments!

9 comments:

  1. Omigosh! The little guy could not be cuter! Your artwork is so inspiring. I love that Paradox page with the border and the depth you've achieved. Your sketchbook pages are always a favorite of mine and the Joey piece is fun to run my eyes over. I see the Titanic 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele. He's a joy through and through, no lie. I thought of the Titanic, too with that Joey Tile. For some reason, I put square structure looking stuff in many of my ocean looking tiles.

      Delete
  2. The Paradox is beautiful with that frame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Anne. It was fun. I need to get Paradox out to play more often.

      Delete
  3. The star of this blogpost is Orion, he is so cute and looks so cool.
    Very nice work Heidi, my fave is the beautiful Paradox!!!
    Happy Eastern for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your production is inspiring and your enjoyment of tangling is infectious which is not that good when my original plan was to clean up my art supplies. Orion is adorable. I love that just learning to walk phase when they're walking around like a drunk Frankenstein. Then, life gets interesting as their motor skills exceed their judgment. Having raised two sons, I think that stage goes on until they are approximately 25.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful paradox! It has so much depth. I keep scrolling back to look at it again, it's really a joy! I also really love your Joey piece. The tangles you've chosen really compliment each other. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post and a cute little boy!

    ReplyDelete


  7. Nice post!..good information,it is really helpful..it really impressed me alot and i just loved it.Thanks for posting such an informative content: Local Packers And Movers Bangalore

    ReplyDelete